New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Advice for Hosting and Deploying My Side Project

Ask HN: Advice for Hosting and Deploying My Side Project
17 by the_wannabe | 22 comments on Hacker News.
I'm finally starting to wrap up the MVP of my web app which is my side project. Now I'm starting to look at how I'm going to host it, and I'm getting overwhelmed with the number of options. My background is in desktop\embedded code, so I've not really had to deal with this much before. My app is written in Rust on the Rocket framework and uses PostgreSQL and PostGIS. I was originally looking at Digital Ocean, however I'm thinking that managing that might be too much work for me, and it will be too easy to make a stupid security mistake. I'm currently looking at https://ift.tt/2DZiScs which seems safe and easy. Are there better options? Should I not try and ignore this stuff and spend the time like learning something like Docker instead? Any other tips? Anything I'm overlooking?

No comments