New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Are side-projects still a good way to generate passive income?

Ask HN: Are side-projects still a good way to generate passive income?
71 by vommina | 37 comments on Hacker News.
I recently had the opportunity to read the famous personal finance book - "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" I'm thoroughly inspired by the book. The bottomline being, use income to maximise assets and eventually use assets to maximise income. In my case I'm starting at ground zero. Reasonably good income. Minimal liabilities. Absolutely no assets yet (except my software-making skills that I've acquired over these years) I've decided to write softwares (likely a SaaS product) that would generate passive income, which would serve as my first asset and then start from there to maximise them. I know this isn't as easy as it sounds. Anybody who've gone down the same road that I'm about to take? Stuff that I should watch out for? Is this too silly?

No comments