New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How to cope with job hunting and depression?

Ask HN: How to cope with job hunting and depression?
29 by throwaway128932 | 16 comments on Hacker News.
I've got 9 years of experience in tech, mostly as an engineer in high profile startups and some big companies. I'm increasingly finding it harder to get any interest from employers, it seems like they all have better, younger, candidates. Every new rejection brings me deeper into depression, to the point where I'm about to be homeless and I don't see a way out anymore without ending my life. And at the same time, I realise my attitude to interviews has become worse: I'm more nervous, less excited, less happy... because I know it's not likely to lead anywhere. Is there any hope? I can't afford any kind of therapy or get help anymore. My parents are dead, my friends don't understand or just tell me to keep trying.

No comments