New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How to create a service similar to Patreon?

Ask HN: How to create a service similar to Patreon?
34 by rainydaybook | 39 comments on Hacker News.
I'd like to create a service similar to Patreon, I know how to do the technical side but not so sure about financial side: how do I charge users to send the funds to other type of users (creators), while subtracting a small percent? How does it need to be set up from the POV of financial compliance? Can it be reported as "payment to support Creator xyz" without a specific product? Does the company need to register as a bank or something similar to a bank? Financial services company? Where can I find some relevant resources, and how can I narrow down my research so that I don't have to read everything about all types of financial services but only more or less relevant info? (located in the US).

No comments