New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Business Is Making $400k / Year– Now I Don't Know What to Do with Myself

Ask HN: Business Is Making $400k / Year– Now I Don't Know What to Do with Myself
18 by throwawaydoe | 18 comments on Hacker News.
I know. Nice problem to have, right? But it's still a problem and I'm not really sure where else to talk about this. I only need to spend the first 3 hours of my day working on my business. Then I'm pretty much done for the day. For the last couple years I would spend the rest of my day working on other stuff— making music or new business ideas. I've always had new ideas. Motivation has never been a problem. But recently I've had trouble caring about new ideas. I mean I spend a lot of time thinking about what to do next but things just feel different . There's no spark. I used to have trouble sleeping on Sunday nights because I was excited to work on Monday... That's no longer the case. I work mostly by myself. I've been doing it for 6 years and it hasn't been a problem before but I'm starting to wonder if it's getting to me. I have friends and a lovely wife so I'm not lonely per say, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm missing the camaraderie of working on a team. I don't think I'm depressed. I might just be describing burn out. I just don't know what to do about it. I probably need a sabbatical from work or something but I don't know how to do that. What do people do with themselves during the week when everyone else is working? Pottery classes? Woodworking? Should I go get my masters? Any perspective or feedback would help. I'm 31 years old.

No comments