New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How does your team run the kanban backlog/board?

Ask HN: How does your team run the kanban backlog/board?
27 by ryandetzel | 14 comments on Hacker News.
I'm looking for clear examples of how backlogs and boards are run with a mixed "full-stack" developers. We're trying a new process where the backlog contains every ticket from every project we're working on plus bugs from all other services we ownr and the dev just pulls the top ticket regardless. In practice this could mean in a single day I could pull a frontend task in project 1, backend task in project 2 and a bug in a completely different service. To me, this constant context switching gives me nightmares but everyone else says this is normally how kanban is run but I can't find any real world examples of such a process. How does your team handle kanban and do you mix unrelated projects in a single backlog/board?

No comments