New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How to hire digital nomads nearby?

Ask HN: How to hire digital nomads nearby?
16 by schtono | 32 comments on Hacker News.
Here's a real problem that no one seems to have solved yet: In my company, we would need temporary help with a certain technology for a few months. Freelancers in my city are fully booked. Yet I don't want to hire somebody remote because the job requires people to work closely together in the same room on a regular basis. I know there's a ton of "digital nomads" out there, travelling through cheap countries like Thailand, working from nice beaches. But my city (Munich, Germany) is also very lovely, especially in summer. I cannot find any "marketplace" where digital nomads hang out, waiting to be attracted by an amazing company like ours. The typical freelancer marketplaces like upwork don't seem to cover my search requirements. Questions: - Am I simply missing a marketplace? - Or is this an opportunity to take?

No comments