New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Alternative to Google Services?

Ask HN: Alternative to Google Services?
11 by gonvaled | 14 comments on Hacker News.
I am heavily invested in Google Services, both on desktop and mobile. The current restrictions placed on Android devices have made clear that this reliance is very risky. I do not like being played as a pawn on third parties conflicts. I would like to replace my use of Google services with alternatives. Specifically, by order of importance: - GMail - Google Maps - Youtube - Play Store What are my options? For mobile, I would consider continuing to use Android as base OS, since it seems restricting use of it wouldn't be feasible. Replacing Google as search engine was very easy in Chrome: http://bit.ly/2EeMhjV I will try the same on my Android phone later.

No comments