New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: US Dev abroad needs an opportunity (rescue)

Ask HN: US Dev abroad needs an opportunity (rescue)
3 by atrilumen | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I messed up. I thought I could ship an MVP of my concept, but ran out of time / money. I'm a US Citizen going hungry in Medellin Colombia. I moved in with a guy who had an idea for an English-teaching app. I sold him on using my concept for it, so that he gets something way more badass than he can afford, and I get to finish my work. (If I can somehow not starve, mind you.) I have a bed. Problem is, now Dude is thinking he will get to own all of my concepts and tech. When I assure him that that's not happening, and it's really useful for many other things besides his thing... he says actually, yeah he wants to own all those things, too. Everything. He's forgotten all about his stupid app ideas, and is pitching everybody my concepts like they are his, and saying he has a dude making it for him. I feel like I'm trapped in a nightmare and can't escape. I am fighting to resist suicide. I try sending emails to people about funding, and they either ignore me, or they just want to exploit me. I guess what I'm trying to say is, do you have a job? A couch? Some discretionary funding? World, I'm not going to kill myself. I'm going to fucking finish Slater! I think you will love it! But right now I am desperate to escape this situation! I write Javascript. I love doing interfaces in Choo, and lately moved to Svelte. (Not into React but okayy). I know a lot of other languages to some degree. (Been learning Rust, because I want Slater to be independent of the browser but still make a nice web app.) My focus is on minimalist, threaded interfaces, incorporating graphical widgets and conversational AI... and developing immersive, perfect user experiences, in a lazy Wizard of Oz approach to software and services. Lately I've been playing with a version of the concept with no AI, but a chat with a team assisted by devs. But right now, I need some help getting back to civilization, and a dentist, please, somebody.

No comments