New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How to cope with burnout every 6 months?

Ask HN: How to cope with burnout every 6 months?
3 by throwaway909090 | 4 comments on Hacker News.
Looking at my career, I held my first job for almost 5 years until I burned down and quit with a 2 day notice. From there, it was downhill. Next job was 3 years, then 10 months, 12 months. Seemed to recover briefly and held another job for 2 years until burning out again. Previous job was only 8 months at a NGO doing really important work. I've been at my current job for 6 months now and I couldn't get out of bed to do the work (I've been working from home for the past 5 years). This is what leads me to post here. I've been diagnosed with depression a few times and I'm currently on SSRI's and feel okay. So hanging jobs doesn't help, getting treating doesn't help.. I'm burning out again. I love what I do (DevOps) but I'm coming to the conclusion that I don't work well with others. They start to drive me crazy and then I only have indifference towards the work. Any advice? I'm feeling like I should quit IT.

No comments