New ask Hacker News story: Tell HN: Read through your old comments

Tell HN: Read through your old comments
6 by Jormundir | 0 comments on Hacker News.
Today I took the time to read through the old comments I've made, and found the experience very helpful for my personal growth. With enough time passed, I can see the kind of person I was being through my posts. Many comments I was being uncharitably rude, trying too hard to sound intellectual, or not giving the benefit of the doubt. Some comments I'm proud I voiced, even if they didn't get many upvotes. I saw that sometimes I really can contribute a unique perspective to the platform. I hope to be more considerate when posting, and help HN stay a positive place where anyone can learn new things. In these crazy times, I've found HN to be one of the few grounded sources of information.

No comments