New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How do you find the best contributors to help in a Git codebase?

Ask HN: How do you find the best contributors to help in a Git codebase?
2 by patrickdevivo | 0 comments on Hacker News.
I've been thinking recently about how to find the "experts" in a given git repository, in the form of this project: https://ift.tt/3clBSBp which has had some okay outputs in codebases I'm familiar with. I'm wondering what others think of the underlying question (and the project too!) Say you're new to a codebase but have identified an area you want to change, is there a way to use git history to figure out who's best to ask about it? Does the question matter all that much? GitHub uses git-blame to figure out "suggested reviewers" for Pull Requests, which is a pretty awesome feature, and basically what I'm going for. I wonder if more detail/resolution is at all useful.

No comments