New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: Anyone else have trouble focusing?

Ask HN: Anyone else have trouble focusing?
4 by jonathancai11 | 1 comments on Hacker News.
My problem is I don't use my laptop "with purpose": - I hop on the computer hoping to get x done, and then get sidetracked with y and z. - I hop on the computer hoping to get x done, and then spend way too long working on x and don't give myself time for other important things So I was thinking, a solution might be a MacOS app where: 1. On login, enter your purpose for using the computer and for how long 2. Notify you when that time is up 3. Track how well you are using your time Any thoughts about my idea? Are there existing solutions? Closest thing I found was something to track all MacOS behavior (https://ift.tt/1XfjXAR), and evaluate retroactively.

No comments