New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: How can I make my startup's website ethical?

Ask HN: How can I make my startup's website ethical?
3 by ducul_sfant | 3 comments on Hacker News.
I am building the website for my startup and I think it's very important we pay a little bit more attention to the ethical side of how we do business. We're a very small team of 3 co-founders and the other 2 have been very supportive of me pushing in this direction. I'm already committed to a few things: - Not to use Facebook Pixel for marketing or any other similar social media mechanism - Not to use Google Analytics and switch to a self hosted alternative - Avoid any design dark patterns - Don't store any data that is not absolutely essential and for the data that we store, always ask for permission clearly and using clear language What are other mandatory items that I should add to this list and commit to?

No comments