New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: How do I reliably prevent autoplay in Firefox 91?

Ask HN: How do I reliably prevent autoplay in Firefox 91?
11 by nanis | 1 comments on Hacker News.
I would like no video or audio to play unless I click on it. After this morning's upgrade to version 91, I am back to videos on Twitter (and possibly elsewhere) starting to auto-play just by scrolling into view. In my preferences, I have "Block Audio and Video" for all sites with no exceptions. In my Twitter profile, I have "Autoplay" set to "Never", but, I also look at threads without logging in. Do you know what I need to do to be able to look at a Twitter thread while not logged in without triggering autoplay? Unfortunately, I do not remember what I had done previously which made it so that I almost never encountered autoplaying media on any site.

No comments