New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: What do devs use for quickly setting up a feedback form?

Ask HN: What do devs use for quickly setting up a feedback form?
13 by mmarian | 15 comments on Hacker News.
I'm a software engineer who keeps building little web apps / MVP landing pages in the hopes that they make me a pretty penny (they never do). I like adding basic forms to the websites; usually to collect feedback, sometimes with an optional email address so I can get back to people. I've tried 3 options so far: - fully-fledged forms embedded onto the website (eg Google Forms) - quickest to set up but absolutely hideous and bad for SEO - 3rd-party form backends - I'm constantly worried about hitting the free plan limit; and some services have some deliverability/uptime issues - writing up my own server (I use Go) and hooking it up to a 3rd-party email service; cheapest but more worried about deliverability/uptime Right now I'm gravitating towards the 2nd option, but am curious how other developers approach this problem.

No comments