New top story on Hacker News: Show HN: I've open sourced DD Poker

Show HN: I've open sourced DD Poker
74 by dougdonohoe | 10 comments on Hacker News.
I'm the original author of DD Poker, a Java-based computer game that ran on Mac, Linux and Windows and originally sold in stores in physical boxes. I shut down the backend servers in 2017 but the game is still functional and people can still play each other online even though the central lobby and find-a-game functionality no longer work. I've been asked over the years to release the source code, especially during the pandemic, and again this year. I finally got motivated to clean up the code and put it out there. The code is 20 years old and uses some ancient Spring, log4j, Wicket and other dependencies, but it still works on Java 1.8.

No comments